Date published: 10 July 2019 by Digital Team
As many of you will know from first-hand experience, travelling with children, in general, can be a difficult situation, but travelling with a child who has a serious illness can be an even bigger challenge.
Whether you have a holiday planned abroad or if you will be travelling closer to home, our Family Support Workers have compiled a top tips list of how you can prepare for your summer holiday’s travel.
- Avoid the Tube if you can - take alternative transport
- Take lots of water so everyone can stay hydrated
- Bring snacks and games to keep your children preoccupied
- Bring ice pops, mini fans and hats from the freezer to keep cool
- Take regular breaks, and if very hot only travel if necessary
- Make sure to bring sick bags
- Travel with more than 1 adult, so that responsibility can be evenly shared.
To find out more about the support we offer families, click here.