Date published: 27 January 2016 by Digital Team
This year staff at Reed Business Information (RBI) who have their head office in Sutton, have raised over £7,500 for Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity.
RBI started working with Rainbow Trust when one of its staff needed support, and the charity has been close to RBI’s heart for many years now. This year, staff at RBI have raised much-needed funds for the charity through a wide and imaginative series of events.
- Baked and sold cakes to their colleagues
- Sold raffle tickets, with a top prize of an extra week’s annual leave!
- Voted in an online staff lookalike competition
- Held a quiz night with over 20 teams taking part
- Pitched teams against each other with a football tournament held at Goals in North Cheam
- Taken over a Rainbow Trust shop for a day with teams battling it out to sell the most stock!
RBI gives all its staff two days a year to work with a charity of their choice, and this year 54 staff members chose to spend their days working directly for Rainbow Trust, either at their head office in Leatherhead, or at their various fundraising events across the county.
Reed Business CEO, Dominic Feltham, said:
“It’s been our privilege to work with the Rainbow Trust over many years. Their work with children and their families is so valuable to our community and we will continue to support this incredibly important charity.”
Rainbow Trust Director of Marketing and Fundraising, Emma Haines said:
“We are so thankful to RBI for continuing to support us and raise vital funds for Rainbow Trust. This wonderful amount raised so far from a range of RBI events will go directly towards supporting families with a seriously ill child when they need it most.”