Date published: 17 April 2020 by Digital Team
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organisers of the biggest mass-participation sports events across the country have come together to create a new campaign to raise vital funds for the UK’s charities.
The 2.6 Challenge launches on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th Virgin Money London Marathon. It calls for the nation to invent their own challenges based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 - and donate or raise £26 for a charity of their choice.
The challenge is particularly apt for us, as £26 is enough to provide 1 hour of Rainbow Trust support to a terminally ill child and their family.
So, fancy giving it a go to help us raise vital funds to continue our care throughout this crisis and beyond? Here's some ideas to help, if you're not sure where to start:
- Complete a 2.6 mile run, jog or walk.
- Ride a 26 kilometer cycle - inside, on a trainer, or outside.
- Bake 26 cupcakes and deliver to your neighbours.
- Hold a plank for 2 minutes and 6 seconds.
- Take on 26 laps of the garden...skipping, hopping or jumping!
- Hold a sponsored silence for 26 minutes...or hours!
- Complete a 26-part obstacle course in the garden.
...or make up your own challenge!
Once you've invented your challenge, there are just four simple steps to take:
- Sign up on JustGiving to take part. You can donate £26 (or as much as you can afford), or set up your fundraising page to raise £26 (or more!). If you go through the Two Point Six Challenge website, make sure to choose Rainbow Trust as your chosen charity.
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you - and challenge them to do their own 2.6 Challenge too! Don't forget to use social media to promote your challenge and drum up support!
- Complete your challenge - make sure to take a photo or video as you go!
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag @RainbowTrustCC. We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Please follow government guidelines on exercise and social distancing when planning your challenge. Whilst most people will be taking part on Sunday 26 April, you can complete your 2.6 challenge whenever is most convenient for you.
Need help promoting your challenge? Download fundraising materials here:
- Download a Print-At-Home poster to stick on your window.
- Download a Facebook Cover Image for your profile.
- Copy and paste this text to a Facebook post, Instagram post, or tweet, to promote your activity:
I'm taking on the #TwoPointSixChallenge on Sunday 26th April to help @RainbowTrustCC continue their vital care to seriously ill children and their families in this crisis and beyond.
My 2.6 Challenge will be [insert challenge]. Please sponsor my challenge via my fundraising page here: [insert your fundraising page link].
For more information on the 2.6 Challenge, please visit twopointsixchallenge.co.uk. All money raised will go towards our Emergency Appeal, an urgent call for support to help us continue our services to seriously ill children and their families.