CarFest selects Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity as new charity partner for 2019

CarFest selects Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity as new charity partner for 2019

Rainbow Trust
CarFest selects Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity as new charity partner for 2019 image

Date published: 08 November 2018 by Anna Jackson

Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity has been chosen as one of four new charity partners to benefit from the immensely popular CarFest 2019, founded by Chris Evans, which is set to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for seriously ill children supported by the charity.

Alongside Rainbow Trust will be other new charity partners , Ellen McArthur Cancer Trust, Starlight Children’s Foundation and Teenage Cancer Trust.

Rainbow Trust and the new charity partners will each receive 10% of the total funds raised from the 2019 festival,** which will make a great difference to families living with a life threatened child. BBC Children in Need will continue to be the principal charity partner receiving 50% of the total funds. In 2019, all profits from CarFest, including a guaranteed 25% of the price of each ticket, will be donated to these selected UK Children’s Charities.

Since CarFest started in 2012, more than £13.5 million has been raised for BBC Children in Need, its main charity partner.

The family-focussed festivals attract 100,000 people from across the UK, and take place next year in Bolesworth, Cheshire (26-28 July) and Laverstoke Park Farm, Hampshire (23-25 August).

Organised by Chris Evans and Brand Events for UK Children’s Charities, CarFest is inspired by a combination of Chris’s passion for cars, food and music while raising vital funds to improve children’s lives across the UK.

CarFest has something for everyone, including three multi-genre live music stages, weird and wonderful automobiles, jaw-dropping track shows, mouth-watering food and an eclectic schedule of entertainment and activities spread across a variety of themed areas.

All Saints, Beverley Knight, Boyzone, Human League, Jools Holland, The Jacksons, Tom Odell and Ziggy Marley are among the musical acts performing.

Oonagh Goodman, Rainbow Trust’s Director of Fundraising and Marketing, said:

“This is incredibly exciting for Rainbow Trust. We are absolutely delighted and humbled to have been selected as one of the new charity partners and are really excited to be working with CarFest. Money raised from this event will make a huge difference to us, helping us get closer to reaching our vision that every family in the UK who has a child with a life threatening illness receives the support they need.”

Around 80%, of CarFest tickets will be released and sold on Thursday 8 November, with the remaining 20% released in Spring 2019 to allow fans a second chance to get tickets. For more information visit the CarFest website.

** broken down as follows: 2.5% of the price of each ticket and 10% of the other profits from CarFest.

Related news articles

View more news