We are looking for volunteers to join our London & South East Care Team to provide support to families in the Reading area, at home and in the local community.
We are looking for volunteers based in the Reading area and also the nearby locations of Bracknell and Wokingham.
This role could involve:
- Social support for siblings e.g. helping with homework, supporting interests and play/craft activities
- Participating in craft/play activities with children and families, both inside and outside the home
- Providing emotional support to the whole family
- Providing practical support in the family home, including housework, shopping or gardening.
This role will involve supporting families independently, under the guidance of our Family Support Workers.
What we're looking for:
- An excellent communicator who can build relationships with children and young people
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Confidence in working with children and young people with complex health needs
- An ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and with a sense of humour
All ages welcome from 18 onwards. Having your own transport or access to public transport is desirable due to the location of some of our families in the area.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to support regularly, providing support to families for a few hours every fortnight, although you are welcome to do more. To enable you to get the most out of the role, we are looking for volunteers able to commit to a minimum of four months of volunteering.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please email our volunteer team on [email protected].