We are looking for volunteer drivers who can assist our neo-natal support service.
Due to the current limitations on contact, we are unable to conduct training and inductions for this role at present but we will be in need of volunteers to support our services over the coming months so please do still enquire.
We are looking for volunteer drivers who can assist our neo-natal support service by ensuring families are able to visit their babies in hospital by providing much needed transport.
We are looking for volunteers who can collect families from their homes and take them to either Princess Anne’s Hospital in Southampton or the Neonatal Unit at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
- To provide transport to and from hospital appointments, ensuring that families can travel safely and in comfort.
- Volunteers need to be able to communicate and be at ease with children and young people and families
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non Judgemental approach
- A friendly approachable disposition is essential and a sense of humour will help
- A full and clean driving licence that you have held for 2+ years
All ages from 21 and over are welcome
Volunteers can commit to driving either on a regular or occasional basis, as preferred (depending on personal preference and the needs of the families) on weekdays, Monday - Friday. There will be some flexibility on days and times to suit both you and the family.
To enable you to get the most out of your training and volunteering we ask that you are available to commit to volunteer for Rainbow Trust for a year.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com or call 01372 220043