We are looking for volunteers to join our Southampton Care Team, providing essential transport for families with a terminally ill child.
Our Volunteer Drivers help to provide additional support to the families we work with by providing safe, comfortable and reliable transport, enabling them to travel safely to healthcare appointments, school and to other activities.
We are particularly looking for drivers to assist with transporting families to and from hospitals in Southampton and the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
What we're looking for:
- A confident and calm driver
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- An ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non-judgmental, warm and friendly
- A commitment to following our policies regarding safeguarding, professional boundaries and confidentiality
We ask that you are available to volunteer on a regular basis. Shifts tend to be between the hours of 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday, although the exact times and hours may vary.
You will need to hold a full driving licence for a minimum of 2 years and have the use of your own vehicle. All ages are welcome from 21 onwards.
To find out more or to apply for this role please contact our volunteer team on 01372 220043 or [email protected].