Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is going through an exciting time where we are rebuilding and growing!
Following a difficult year, we are pleased to be in a position to begin growing our care teams so that we can continue to deliver a high-quality family support service to more families in need. Our strategic plan is to rebuild and then continue to grow. This is a perfect time to join us as we are in the process of opening two new Care teams in Liverpool and Reading.
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About you and the role:
We are looking to appoint a Trust Fundraiser (maternity cover, up to 7 months) to manage and build relationships with charitable trusts and foundations, raising the funds we need to deliver and grow our support services.
Our Philanthropy Team is an ambitious team with a well-established fundraising programme, playing a significant role in raising the £5m a year to fund our support services and with plans to grow income over the next 3-5 years. We have an established portfolio of funders, giving low level gifts to six figure donations and you will have the opportunity to work on large applications.
The Trust Fundraiser will work closely with the Philanthropy Manager to drive Rainbow Trust’s Trusts & Foundations fundraising programme. You will cultivate strong working relationships with a portfolio of trust and foundation supporters, increasing their engagement and support of the charity, through reports, meetings and phone calls. Through the identification and research of new prospective trust funders, you will find creative ways to engage with them to secure funding.
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey (remote working options available)
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent research and writing skills, preferably with experience of successfully securing four- or five-figure gifts from charitable trusts and foundations
- The ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external people – including trust managers and trustees to build great relationships and influence
- Knowledge of the requirements of trust funders, the principles of application-writing and effective project reporting and of managing a funding portfolio or similar
- A persuasive and open communicator - the ability to develop and submit high-quality and compelling funding proposals and reports to trusts, working closely with colleagues across the charity
- Committed to providing the highest level of donor care, including creative stewardship for funders, meeting all grant terms and conditions and responding effectively and promptly to enquiries received from donors, funders and prospects.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to [email protected]. In your cover letter you should highlight how your skills and experience match those essential to the role, which are listed in the person specification in the job description.
Interviews will take place either at our Head Office in Leatherhead or on Zoom, with the dates to be confirmed.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
As a CQC registered organisation, it is an expectation that all Rainbow Trust employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless medically exempt).
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.