Our Essex Care Team are looking for volunteers to join their team, focusing on family support for families with a baby in neonatal care.
This is a unique opportunity to work alongside our Neonatal Support Worker, helping families in the hospital, at home and in the community.
Main Duties and Activities:
- This role could involve giving direct support to families in hospital, providing emotional support and respite for parents and carers.
- Families often require help with siblings, either in hospital, the home or the local community. This could include school drop offs or pick ups, or help with accessing extra-curricular activities
- Many families have to make daily trips to hospital and may not have transport, or the money to fund public transport - volunteers may assist with travel arrangements.
- There are plans to provide a regular drop-in group at some hospitals for parents and siblings, which would benefit greatly from volunteer support.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to build relationships based on excellent communication and active listening skills
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children
- Flexible and adaptable manner
- Ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Commitment to setting and maintaining appropriate professional and personal boundaries in line with Rainbow Trust policies
- Non-judgmental approach
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
This role requires a regular commitment and we would ask for at least 1 day a week, between 9am and 5pm Monday - Friday.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or call 01372 220043