Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is going through an exciting time where we are rebuilding and growing!
Following a difficult year, we are pleased to be in a position to begin growing our care teams so that we can continue to deliver a high-quality family support service to more families in need. Our strategic plan is to rebuild and then continue to grow. This is a perfect time to join us as we are in the process of opening two new Care teams in Liverpool and Reading.
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint Family Support Workers to deliver a high-quality family support service as part of our newly established Liverpool Care Team.
Reporting to the Family Support Manager out of our Liverpool team base and working in partnership with health, education and social care professionals, you will take responsibility for providing needs-led emotional, social and practical support to families where a child/young person has a life threatening or terminal illness.
Having worked in a stressful and emotional environment you have a genuine interest in building supportive relationships and helping people; and having provided bereavement support to families, you understand processes of grief, loss and change - and how best to help others deal with its impact.
This team covers Liverpool and surrounding areas.
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced child health, education or social care professional - applications will be particularly welcome from those who have worked in a community environment and those with a recognised qualification in education, health or social care
- A warm, inclusive approach to achieving goals quickly and correctly
- Practiced in child protection, information sharing and the rules around data protection - you lead by example, drawing on your own professional experience and working within established guidelines
- Practical and people-oriented - you will thrive working at a fast pace whilst maintaining accuracy and be a confident user of IT (including MSOffice)
- A persuasive and open communicator - you will work collaboratively with your team and volunteers to ensure delivery of a high-quality service and support fundraising colleagues by writing case studies and family updates
- A practical knowledge of diversity issues affecting children, young people and their families – aware that being responsive to others needs and concerns, is essential.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
As part of our learning and development Anne Harris skills development programme, we aim to provide a high level of training and development opportunities for all staff, so you are able to perform to the best of your ability, achieve individual and team objectives aligned to Rainbow Trusts strategic plan, supporting staff to be the best they can be and feel a valued member of a high performing organisation.
Our Family Support Teams are given the opportunity to complete a number of diverse training courses in their first 12 months, including but not limited to: Mental Health First Aid, Makaton, counselling skills, introduction to play.
The programme aims to provide a building block for you to individually tailor your own learning and development needs.
How to apply:
Please complete and send your application form to [email protected].
First interviews will take place soon after the closing date, with second interviews thereafter. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
There will be a requirement for flexible working and a full current driver’s licence to accommodate team and family need. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
As a CQC registered organisation, it is an expectation that all Rainbow Trust employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless medically exempt).
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.