We are looking for volunteers to assist our Essex based family support team supporting families at home, in hospital and in the community.
We are looking for volunteers based in the following areas:
- Basildon and the surrounding area
- Sudbury, Suffolk
This role could involve:
- Social support for siblings e.g. helping with homework, supporting interests and play/craft activities
- Participating in craft/play activities with children and families, both inside and outside the home
- Accompanying families to hospital appointments
- Providing practical support in the family home, including domestic help, cooking and recreational activities
This role could also include some independent working.
What we're looking for:
- An excellent communicator who can build relationships with children and young people
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Confidence in working with children and young people with complex health needs
- An ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and with a sense of humour
All ages welcome from 18 onwards. Due to the geographical area, we are looking for volunteers who are able to drive and have their own transport to enable them to support the families we work with.
We are looking for volunteers who would be available to support families either once a week or once a fortnight, on weekdays during day time hours. We are particularly in need of volunteers who can provide after school support from 3pm onwards.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please email our volunteer team on [email protected].