We are looking for volunteers to assist our North West family support team supporting families at home and in the community.
We are looking for volunteers based in the following areas:
This role could involve:
- Social support for siblings e.g. helping with homework, supporting interests and play/craft activities
- Participating in craft/play activities with children and families, both inside and outside the home
- Providing emotional support to the whole family
- Providing practical support in the family home, including housework, shopping or gardening.
This role will involve supporting families independently, under the guidance of our Family Support Workers.
What we're looking for:
- An excellent communicator who can build relationships with children and young people
- Experience of interacting with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Experience of interacting with children and young people
- Confidence in working with children and young people with complex health needs
- An ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and with a sense of humour
All ages welcome from 18 onwards. Due to the geographical area, we are looking for volunteers who are able to drive and have their own transport to enable them to support the families we work with.
We are looking for volunteers who would be available to support families once a week, during the day for approximately 2-3 hours at a time. We are currently looking for volunteers who are available on Thursdays or Fridays, between 10am-4pm.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please email our volunteer team on [email protected].