Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an Events Manager to lead the events programme - developing, promoting, and delivering a range of events that maximises income, drives supporter engagement and raises our profile.
Reporting to the Head of Engagement, you will work closely with the Chief Executive, the Director of Fundraising and Engagement and the fundraising teams to develop a strategy for special events that drives major funder engagement and cultivation opportunities and maximises income. As well as managing event committees and nurturing relationships with key individuals, you will oversee the delivery of the sports & challenges programme, ensuring first class supporter care.
It has been a tough time for live events over the past eighteen months, and we would particularly welcome applications from those who have held an events management role in a fundraising environment, and with knowledge of adapting and flexing event models to include a virtual environment.
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced in managing a range of successful income-generating events – you will be skilled at working collaboratively with colleagues, including Senior Leadership teams and external committees, to deliver events and reach shared goals.
- A poised and engaging empathetic style – you use your natural warmth and enthusiasm to enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups, and to achieve your goals.
- A self-confident, outgoing, “selling” communication style – your knowledge and skill in successfully influencing and persuading others by understanding how individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, managing multiple priorities simultaneously; you understand the importance of providing clear guidance and support in advance of, and during, events.
- Proactive and able to respond quickly to a changing environment – you quickly establish relationships with new groups and motivate others when goals and desired results change.
- Knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care, and how to build and maintain effective working relationships – you are able to advise colleagues on the feasibility of events, return on investment, marketing strategies, and to explore opportunities in the events market.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, please click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to [email protected]
First interviews will take place on 12/13 August either at our Head Office in Leatherhead or on Zoom, with second interviews being held during the week commencing 16 August 2021.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.