Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Director of Finance & Operations, following the planned retirement of the current post holder, to lead all financial management for the charity, ensuring sound strategies and effective services are provided.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the Board of Trustees, you will play a vital part in the development and implementation of future strategies for the organisation. You will identify and lead business development opportunities and lead organisational projects as required, contributing to strategy, business planning and budgeting to agreed timescales.
Having been an advisor at board level and held a Company Secretary role you will ensure Rainbow Trust complies with standard financial/legal and governance practice and maintains corporate governance standards. Tactically task-focused you will be responsible for Rainbow Trust’s properties, including review of leases, insurance and health and safety matters. Your well-developed leadership skills will provide firm and positive strategic oversight and direction to the Rainbow Trust’s Senior Leadership Team.
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey.
What we’re looking for:
- A confident, independent approach to achieving goals with an emphasis on meeting deadlines and quality – you are comfortable with a broad remit and rapid shifts in priorities; you initiate practical solutions to ensure compliance with statutory accounting and registration requirements.
- A commercial director, educated to degree level (and a fully qualified member of one of the six bodies of the CCAB) - you have significant demonstrable experience in a commercial organisation and/or a charity at senior management level.
- A stimulating influencer - you will thrive setting quality standards and achieving success through your firm, direct and self-assured leadership style.
- A strategic, big picture thinker who works with a sense of urgency - you effectively weigh risk against benefit to make calculated decisions; and taking the initiative, you have the strategic understanding to implement IT and operational projects.
- Comfortable with pressure and challenge - your ability to present and explain complex financial and other management information adapting to your audience, will ensure that Trustees and staff are kept up to date on financial activity and are aware of any relevant issues.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to [email protected].
Interviews will take place via Zoom or in person. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
If you would like to have an informal confidential discussion about the role, please email [email protected]
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.