Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is going through an exciting time where we are rebuilding!
Following a difficult year, we are pleased that to reach more families in need with a high-quality family support service we are starting to rebuild and grow our care teams and will be opening two new Care teams in Liverpool and Reading. This is a perfect time to join us.
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed. For families living with childhood illness, time is everything. Right now, there are too many families coping alone with no support, no time to think, no time to make memories and no time for each other. We believe that no family should go through this alone, so we are here to change that.
About the role:
This Best Companies Top 100 mid-sized company and Top 20 charity is looking to appoint a Deputy Family Support Manager on a fixed term basis (up to 12 months), to support the Family Support Manager to lead and manage a Family Support team alongside the delivery of a high quality family support service.
Reporting to the Family Support Manager, you will support them with service developments across the organisation and will deputise for them in their absence. This will include attending and contributing in care managers meetings. You may also have a limited caseload of families needing support.
Location: North West Care Team
What we’re looking for:
- An experienced child, health, education or social care professional – you will be educated to at least A level (or equivalent) and have attained a recognised qualification in education, health, social care and/or management
- Demonstrable success in developing and sustaining partnership working – you will be committed to working in partnership with children, young people, families and volunteers
- A poised and convincing communicator – you are an enthusiastic and persuasive motivator who is able to quickly connect with others
- Practical and people-oriented - you are able to make decisions within authorised boundaries and have a strong sense of drive, controlling tasks from conception to completion
- Experience of line management responsibility – you are able to support high quality safeguarding practice and have a practical knowledge of diversity issues affecting children, young people and their families
- A warm and friendly team member – you have the ability to bring out the best in others
- You will thrive working at a fast pace, whilst maintaining accuracy and be a confident user of IT (including MSOffice).
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
We also have a fantastic learning and development programme - the Anne Harris skills development programme - in which we aim to provide a high level of training and development opportunities for all staff, so you are able to perform to the best of your ability, achieve individual and team objectives aligned to Rainbow Trusts strategic plan, supporting staff to be the best they can be and feel a valued member of a high performing organisation.
How to apply:
Please complete an application form and send it to [email protected]
First interviews will take place during w/c 6 June 2022, with second interviews during w/c 13 June 2022. We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
There will be a requirement for flexible working and a full current driver’s licence to accommodate team and family need. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
As a CQC registered organisation, it is an expectation that all Rainbow Trust employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless medically exempt).
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.