Our Essex Care Team are recruiting for a Dads Group Facilitator to lead a new support group for local Dads, to provide a space to offload and connect with others who are going through a similar experience, with the support of our team of Family Support Workers.
Your role may include:
- Leading a regular session for local parents to meet and connect
- Planning activities or outings in a social setting
- Communicating with attendees and Family Support Workers regarding the upcoming sessions
What we’re looking for:
- An excellent communicator who can build relationships with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Confident to coordinate and lead a group session
- Experience in a previous group role would be desirable but is not essential
- An ability to empathise with families in stressful circumstances
- To provide the most supportive environment for attendees, we are particularly looking for male volunteers on this occasion
All ages welcome from 18 onwards. The use of your own transport or access to public transport is preferable for this role but not essential.
The group session will run once per month, but there are further opportunities for you to support families one to one if you are interested.
As this is a new group, we do not have a set date or location yet, so we are keen to work with the availability and location of both volunteers and the
families we support.
To apply for this role, or for more information, please email our volunteer team on [email protected].