Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity is going through an exciting time where we are rebuilding!
Following a difficult year, we are pleased to be able to begin growing our care teams so that we can continue to deliver a high-quality family support service to more families in need. As such we want to grow our corporate fundraising income by securing new business and providing excellent account management to encourage our current partners to meet and exceed their own fundraising targets.
Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of time together, providing expert, practical and emotional support, where they need it for as long as it is needed.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint an experienced fundraiser to secure new corporate partnerships to help fund the growth of our care services, and to build relationships with companies and not-for-profit organisations that achieve income targets in line with our business plan, fundraising strategy and operational plans.
This is a new role, reporting to the Corporate and Community Fundraising Manager. You will be part of a team to drive Rainbow Trust’s Corporate and Community programme, building and maintaining the pipeline through effective networking, prospecting, and stewardship. You will be responsible for a varied and fulfilling portfolio of accounts to whom you will become a main contact and provide excellent corporate account management.
You will work collaboratively towards a ‘one team one target’ approach across the Fundraising and Engagement department and ensure that the use of technology is maximized and all processes are subject to continuous improvement.
This is an excellent opportunity to maintain a breadth of fundraising experience to position yourself for future fundraising roles with increased responsibility.
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey with flexible working.
Following the recent lockdowns and restrictions, we are getting used to the new world and generally working a hybrid three of five days in the office.
What we’re looking for:
- Friendly, enthusiastic and socially-focused – you quickly connect with others and build effective working relationships. An ability to empathise and communicate effectively about our work with children and families is key. You are naturally warm with a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated
- A motivating, empathetic and persuasive communicator – you will enjoy preparing and presenting high-quality presentations
- Knowledge of the principles that underpin good customer care – you adhere to established guidelines, policies and procedures, and provide excellent relationship management
- You thrive working in a busy environment on multiple priorities simultaneously – results-oriented and a fast learner, you respond quickly to pressure and a changing environment.
- Confident use of MSOffice and some experience of using a database – you have strong attention to detail, are comfortable working with data, and produce high quality accurate work.
- Applications will be particularly welcome from those who have experience of building relationships, raising income or interned/volunteered in a fundraising department – working to secure new business and providing exceptional account management.
What we offer:
We have a range of fantastic benefits that we offer our employees. If you’d like to find out more about these benefits and working with us, click here. More information can also be found in our Candidate Pack.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting why your application should be considered above others to [email protected].
Interviews will take place at our Head Office in Leatherhead with the dates to be confirmed.
We will only contact those applicants who have been successful.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Rainbow Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees to share this commitment.
As a CQC registered organisation, it is an expectation that all Rainbow Trust employees are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (unless medically exempt).
Rainbow Trust is an equal opportunities employer and a Best Companies Two-Star rated organisation.